It is a bronchiolitis drug used to reduce the bronchospasm most quickly and effectively possible. Ventolin has Salbutamol that works on the beta-receptors of the bronchi’s smooth muscles to provide an anti-inflammatory effect by decreasing the resistance of the bronchi.
Ventolin starts showing results within 3-5 minutes and lasts for up to 6 hours. The drug cannot be considered as background therapy for Bronchial asthma. However, it can be taken as a drug to deal with bronchial spasms
- Ventolin inhaler is used to treat bronchospasms as well as the initial agents such as interaction with cigarette smoke, Pollution, dust, and any kind of physical activity.
- For adults and children, it is recommended to take 1-2 inhalations of the Ventolin inhaler for reducing bronchospasms.
- It is prohibited to take the inhaler more than 4 times a day.
- It is important to take inhalation before 15 seconds of the initiating agents to stop bronchospasms.
- The overdose of Ventolin may lead to asphyxia and fatal bronchospasms. That is why it is recommended not to be taken more than 4 times a day. It is better to use only how much it is prescribed by the doctors.
- Patients having arrhythmia are advised to consult a doctor before taking the inhaler.