Symbicort is a drug used to treat bronchial asthma. It contains formoterol and budesonide. Symbicort provides sudden relief from pain from any kind of bronchial asthma attacks as well as respiratory tract obstructions. Symbicort gives relief from pain within 2-3 minutes and gives relief for about 24 hours due to Budosenide.
Symbicort is consumed in the form of an inhaler and the dose is prescribed as per the patient’s condition and health.
1. Adults and children of 12 years are advised to take 1-2 inhalations a day. In case of an increase in bronchospasms, the dosage can be increased but remember not to increase the frequency of the dosage.
2. The standard dose of Symbicort is 80 mcg Budesonide and 4,5 mcg formoterol. For better and effective results, the dosage can be increased up to 160 mcg budesonide 4,5 formoterol.
1. Children under the age of 12 are strictly prohibited to use Symbicort for treating bronchial asthma.
2. If the patient is having tuberculosis in the lungs and any kind of infection in the lungs, the use of Symbicort is prohibited.
3. Symbicort affects some part of the functioning of the cardiovascular system. That is why it is recommended to not use Symbicort while having heart issues.