Dosage And Uses
Paxil is recommended to be used for treatments in:
1- Severe depressions
2- Panic attacks
3- Obsessive-compulsory disorders
4- Anxious disorder
The action of Paxil is based on serotonin reuptake. This ingredient helps in developing a good emotional state in humans by reacting to the neurons. The drug helps in restoring vital energy in the patients by reducing stress and anxiety.
Moreover, Paxil helps patients suffering from anxiety by reacting to the central nervous system. It also has less reaction than other antidepressants available in the market. This function of this ingredient does not also have the usual side effects such as sleepiness, fatigue, and coordination disorder.
How To Use Paxil
Paxil is taken orally with water. It is recommended to take the pill during breakfast for better action. The effect of the pill usually takes 24 hours that is why there is no point in taking the pill twice a day.
- The daily dose of the drug depends on the diseases diagnosed.
- Depression: 1 tablet of Paxil per 20 mg per day.
- Obsessive compulsory disorder treatment: 40 mg Paxil per day (start the treatment from 20 mg and increase is slowly by 10 mg per week)
- Panic disorder treatment: 40 mg Paxil per day.
- Anxious disorder treatment: initially 20 mg of Paxil should be consumed. If required, it should be increased up to 50 mg for the severe disease.
- Children under the age of 16 should be handled with due care during the treatment as they have higher tendencies of suicidal thoughts.
- Paxil is prohibited during pregnancy and lactation.
- The drug should be avoided during the use of MAO inhibitors, maniac syndrome, renal or hepatic failure.