How To Use
Despite being effective, it is a strong dose. Make sure to not getting the overdose as it can be dangerous to the health of the patients. Make sure to have enough diet of potassium and calcium if you are having a long-term treatment of this drug. The deficiency of these two can be dangerous for the health of the patient.
- Lasix is available in all forms of medications. Oral for intravenous induction and intramuscular injections both are available.
- Lasix pills have 20mg, 40mg, or 80 mg furosemide. The action begins after 20 minutes of consumption.
- It is observed that the injection of the drug gives better and quick results than the pills.
- The pills of Lasix should be consumed 2-3 times a day with an interval of 6 hours minimum.
- If a single dose of 20 mg is not sufficient, the dose can be increased up to 40 mg.
- Make sure to not consume more than 160mg Lasix a day.
- For higher doses, the patients are prescribed to be taken to the hospital for proper treatment.
PRECAUTIONS AND WARNINGS
- Lasix should be consumed for a short treatment only.
- Potassium and calcium should be taken in a sufficient quantity during the treatment.
- Heart failure needs a specific amount of Lasix dosage.